PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 18th Nov 2002, 08:42
Grob Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damien B.

Silly rumours aren’t so silly when you know where they come from. Everything I’ve heard about the Vulcan (558) has come from someone VERY close to the project. A dear friend of mine who’s name shall remain blank on an open forum. However, I trust him and what he says far more than I trust pprune! That’s not to say that I don’t trust you all…. My friend is VERY close to the project, and I have the up most respect for him and what he says.

Flying her in another country because it’s costing wads of cash to keep her maintained. Ah, and now the truth comes out! Money, money, money! Like I said, you all go on about its importance in British aviation and engineering (which it most certainly is), so how can you justify loosing it to America? Even still, there’s not that many in this country…. Certainly not ones in as good a condition as 558.

One last thing. CAA/BAe backup was always a problem until ‘Marshals’ came along. Mmm, it’s interesting that isn’t it? Ok, it was originally built by AVRO, but it’s now basically a BAe aircraft. How come they need marshals on the case before it can actually happen? Don’t want to be slanderous, but anyone in the Air force will know about some of their projects! I’m saying no more! Just think that if anyone has the ability to get her in the air, then it would be BAe, NOT Marshals!

Oh, on the subject of rumours… was it just a ‘rumour’ that if she was ever flown again, then she would operate out of Scampton because of Brunthingthorpe’s lack of fire cover and the poor condition of the runway?

Anyway, Good Luck to all involved, I hope it happens… Just don’t try to make a quick buck but selling her to America!