PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 19th Nov 2002, 08:00
Grimweasel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Glad to see that the old bird still creates a vivid interest!!
The sad thing is that if the V never flies again then generations of kids are going to miss out on a true aviation spectacle!

Seeing the Vulcan tear off the runway into a near vertical climb while the engines turn Mildenhall into an earthquake zone has been one of my fondest childhood memories. I'd just love for todays kids to have the same sight and feeling.

Surely if we can have old warbirds still flying like Vampires and Hunters that come from the same era, then we must be able to get the Vulcan flying too?

Has anyone approached the richest, keenest aviator of them all? John Travolta has a keen interest in aircraft. Prehaps he would like to become a shareholder/owner/pilot?

Prehaps the 'Commies' thing was a bit OTT, but it fails me to see how some art projects such as a bin liner filled with air can achieve a grant for the artist and great British engineering can be so cruely denied?

The Daily Telegraph should follow their old story up and generate new interest. Even 130 MP's were quoted as saying it was a disgrace!! They must have the power to make things happen? If not then why are they in Westminster???