PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan
View Single Post
Old 17th Nov 2002, 17:27
Grimweasel

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lottery 'Commies' say NO to Vulcan

Read an article in the Mail on Sunday that states that the Lottery lot have refused a grant to the Vulcan Restoration Fund!!
I simply can't believe that a worthwhile project to get one of the UK's finest ever aircraft back into the air was seen as a waste of money??

The revenue that the Vulcan would create by being and flying at Airshows around the world would, I'm sure, be huge. I have very fond memories of attending airshows as a child and standing in awe as the Vulcan flew.

The RAF should step in and prehaps drop some of the BoB flight to fund it. Lets face it, we have seen the Spit and Lancaster a million times now and its time for a new attraction.

The most annoying thing of all is seeing some of the stupid projects that ARE given Lottery cash. Its not PC to have a Nuclear bomber funded by the Lottery but its fine to give £20m to help bl**dy immigrants and asylum seekers!!

Its the peoples money and I believe that we should all petition the Government to step in and stop the Vulcan's sale on Ebay!