PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2012, 11:36
Jack1985

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
She really was paranoid though, started going on about 9/11 and all sorts, hinting that I might be some kind of terrorist. God forbid if she ever looks on a.net or youtube, she'd probably have a coronary. Quite sad really.
I definitely think you need to take this up with Aer Lingus. Although you'll probably be told using electronic devices during take off is not permitted there is absolutely no excuse for a member of any airline to bring up those kind of accusations and frankly they should no better before even mentioning anything to do with 9/11 on an aircraft these days.

Maybe it's an Irish 'thang' but I had a similar experience on Ryanair some time back. I've tried to search the forum for the advice I got without success. The topic may have been on (whisper it) 'Flyer Talk .

If I remember correctly it came down to the lawful order of the flight crew leavened with a pinch of over-reaction
To be honest I don't think Flight Crew's are given the full facts about using Camera's etc on board and those who don't have a clue about what they are talking about tend to have these nijerk reactions as both of you have endured.