PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EDINBURGH
Thread: EDINBURGH
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 23:41
edi_local

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ramper1
Domestic pas have their photo taken when the scan the boarding card at security. Then when you board at the gate, the boarding card is scanned again and your picture comes up on the screen. That's how it works!
Not at EDI, they don't, or LTN or STN (not been there for 3 years though). In fact I have only had this done at LHR or LGW where there are transit facilities and they use these methods to stop international transit pax from boarding domestic flights and entering the UK unchecked.

Also, yes, the check in machine needs to read a credit card, exec card or passport to check you in, but I needn't be the person who's details are on said cards or passport and I can still obtain a boarding card for a flight there is no record of me being on. Also, even at LHR or LGW, as no ID is ever asked for, a picture is only matched to a boarding card, it is still possible for someone who isn't on any passenger list to get airside and board an aircraft if no photo ID check ever takes place, which it doesn't on internal flights.

Not a security risk, of course, I know all passengers are screened the same no matter what boarding card they hold, but it strikes me as odd that only the locos care about who exactly is on their domestic flights.

Also, about the filming of a take off. We all know that 99.9% of video cameras won't interfere with the aircraft systems. However, the CC do ask for them to be swtiched off so that pax are paying attention to their surroundings and not faffing about, if a potential incident happens on TO, it's better for them all to be alert and able to get out quickly. Of course in this day and age, if the unthinkable happens, there is always going to be some idiot sitting at the emergency exit filming the whole thing and uploading it straight to twitter, while at the same time impeding everyone else trying to get outside!