PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2012, 15:16
FD3S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"how many base captains at MAN in the last 3 years.......let me help you with that one....the answer is FOUR! with the latest having a command for less than three seasons."

Jet1234, a couple of points on your comment above, firstly, are you talking about 73 or 75? Or both? I only ask as there are currently two Base captains in MAN, one for each fleet. Secondly, as I know both of these guys in a professional capacity I know you're referring to the 73 BC, and correct me if I'm wrong but I think you're inferring he hasn't got the experience to do the job as he's only had a Command for 3 seasons? Well, it may have escaped your attention but Base Captain is a Management position and as such, the skill set required is not specifically learned sitting in the left hand seat. He's just as good at his job as the 75 BC, and he's a former Chief Pilot and DOF at another UK airline. For your information, regarding any 'lack of continuity', the BC before him was only asked to fill in for the short term after his predecessor moved on to another management role. Things aren't always what they appear.