PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sooo, You Want to Fly for Korean Airlines Do You?
Old 9th Apr 2012, 09:56
Direct Bondi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
“very large pinch of salt” et al;

One thing I’ve learned in my 28-year aviation career is that ensuring job security and promotion can cause so-called "professional" pilots to act and conduct themselves in ways that are far removed from any association with professionalism. It may be that colleagues truly faced many problems with an airline management regime while certain individuals did not, for whatever reasons.
To give you an example of the depths to which individuals will sink and sacrifice their self respect, one pilot I am aware of at Air China’s cargo division spent so much of his free time in the office presenting photographs of his family to managers, he had the photographs laminated! - I am informed this specimen of our profession has now been promoted to “instructor” status to reward his efforts to please.
So, you may well take the above with a “very large pinch of salt” but it rather depends on the facts of your own personal experiences sans integrity or not.
From my personal experiences at both Korean Airlines and Air China, you are far better off at Korean Airlines for the previoulsy stated reasons. Alternatively, if you want to avoid any communication challenges completely, stay home!