PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cessna Cardinal 177
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2012, 12:46
BWBI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Did my complex rating in one years ago which was a bit of a dog of thing! It had a bad mechanical record and had suffered two collapsed gear landings to my knowledge and a history of gear micro switch problems which were later found to apparently account for these mishaps! I can remember that winding the gear down manually was difficult as well, but again that may have been that particular aircraft!

I couldn't wait to get out of thing once I had got the rating! Having said all that I guess it would be a nice aircraft to own if you got a good one but certainly look out for those micro switch problems. I can also remember it was very difficult to start due to some electrical issue or the other which was not battery related.

The example I flew cost the owner and arm and a leg as he put it into a group and it just could not cope with the wear and tear and something seemed to break every time it was flown providing you could start it in the first place!! But again that was the owners fault really as it is not a group type aircraft IMHO and always struck me as a type which needed TLC by a sole owner.

Last edited by BWBI; 8th Apr 2012 at 13:14.