PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rotorheads Around the World (incl 'Views from the Cockpit')
Old 5th Apr 2012, 22:42
PapaechoIT

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everybody

Hi everybody, I'm not new up there (read only) but I see this topic today for the first time!
Let me post some photos, too.

Rifugio Passo Principe - Torri del Vajolet - 8'600 ft - Dolomites (Italy)

View of the "canyon" down to the valley from the same place.

Overflying the retreat (downwind) before approaching from the other side. Principe Pass with his Rifugio Passo Principe. Same location.

View of an utility house in front of unpaved helideck on "Sella del Ciampaz" - Catinaccio / Latemar Group - Trentino (Italy). On the right side is there another mountain retreat called Rifugio Roda di Vael. About 6'500 ft.

This place is at the beginning of the last mountain slope to the Principe Pass coming from Trentino. It is called Rifugio Vajolet and it is located at about 7'500 ft. The mountain peak you can see is the "Croda Re Alberto"

I've edited my post to add informations about photos as required by Topendtorque.
For any information Google the name of the places and you can get what you're searching.

Tomorrow and on, I'll carry with me everytime my compact camera...

Wait for something more, from the Dolomites and Alps!

Edit: Ah, I forgot to say that every places is between 6'500 ft and 8'700 ft - 2 on board and 'bout 80l of fuel. (TEMP. ISA more or less)

Edit 2: Changed Image Upload provider to Photobucket for the ones not seeing.

Cheers,
PE