PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sooo, You Want to Fly for Korean Airlines Do You?
Old 5th Apr 2012, 07:44
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Read fast, maybe this comment gets deleted soon.

DOD, did a audit in 2003 and went to Seoul. They found it not life threatening anymore to lift the ban that KAL is not considert for official travel.

At that time Greenberg, Snyder and Mohrke where in the Office to do what they can to brush up what was needed, often without the support of the lower ranks but with the assistance of late Cho and Shim.

In the early 2000´s things went upwards but certainly detoriating again since 2009. It is a real shame what happend in BKK, that shows clearly that they need to do more homework again and not only window dressing, lookes good on the surface but beware when you start to look under the carpet !

I was disturbed, at least, when I´ve learned about the occassion at BKK. I am not sure what I would have done when I was there. Maybe just walked off and went.

I remember a discussion between a Cannuck and a Kimchi about a break fan at GMP, the end of the story was that the cannuck lost the job because a Korean is always right, despite the facts.

Cabin temperature was the cause of another ExPat beeing dismissed on the way to ICN, that time the Purser felt accused and wrote a complain about it.

As more as I think back I see many Guy´s where chopped for no reason. You can sustain when you are lucky enough. Some guy´s where with the "wrong Agent" there and lost the job as the contract was not renewed. Fragile and hostile is the situation at least.

As as short summary I would say: You love flying, you have a job, you love your Family then do not risk anything. Let it go. Do yourself the favour by staying away, that does also the FCU a favour and when they learn that the expansion is not able to sustain without ExPats then it might be a little late but not too late. The pay is not that great either, appx. 13.000.-- USD for a B744/777, not enough compensation for the pain you might have to take.

Soo you want to fly for KAL ? do you really want ?

Fly safe and land happy

NG