PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2012, 20:10
roverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BA at MAN

Someone was asking about the future of BA at MAN. I can't see a return to the sort of operation they once had. I think they have got their business model right now. They offer what many other flag carriers do, a feed into their major hub. The fact that theirs happens to be in the same country is pretty much incidental. Setting up direct services from MAN would pull back some market share, but no doubt with high operating costs. It doesn't seem to make sense for them. We'd love to see more BA tails on the ramp at MAN but now resigned to the fact that probably won't happen. Most MAN fans have stopped ranting about it and accepted the market reality. MAN is doing well enough in any case, with a great choice of flag carriers services into hubs in and beyond Europe. I think we might see a greater BA presence in the future on international routes in the form of code shares and perhaps a bit of franchising. I think the old 'T3BA' signs are still lying in the back of one of the hangars, just in case!