PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2012, 17:39
endofeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I notice that you haven't posted any answers regarding the revolving door that is Jet2 management. I guess you must have run out of fingers!

Just wondering, as Jet2 wasn't my first airline which meant I had a yardstick with which to compare it, how many previous companies have you flown for? I only ask as in my experience those most willing to volunteer their unconditional support had only ever worked for Jet2/ channex.
I'm not sure what you mean re answers regarding revolving door. As I've said it isn't for everyone, and if you are referring to Training Mangers etc....well, yes there have been a few, but at the moment as I said in my previous post there now seems to be a stable Management structure who are well respected by ALL the pilots - good news for us who have stuck it out and now reaping the rewards ( 9% payrise for Capts this year!!).....

Thanks for asking about my previous career, if I was wrong with yours it seems your assumptions are too, I've worked for other airlines including loco operations and as I keep saying they are ALL the same . There is never complete harmony, people will always want more/moan and inevitably move on. For the vast majority of pilots at Jet2 they joined, stayed, grew with the company as it ticks the boxes for them ie base, rank t's and c's etc.......

My only concern is we turn into a training organisation for new F/O's who join us for a few years to gain jet experience/hours then leave, not that I'm suggesting you did that!!!