PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 Recruiting now
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2012, 11:02
endofeng

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The chaotic shambles that is the recruitment system gives you a pretty good idea of what lies inside the company. However, for those of you naive/stupid/ desperate enough (delete as applicable) to want to find out the hard way, don't worry as the attrition levels are so high they'll always need more.
I don't often use pprune, but just happened to have a browse at this thread as I'm a Capt with Jet2, and find your comments a little confusing!!!

I've been with Jet2 for several years and can not complain too much about it. I've worked for other airlines, and they are all pretty similar. They all have their faults and all are up against it in these testing times.

Jet2 as an employer are young, probably some 10years behind most, that said they are trying and I'm hopeful, as many are, the airline will be the preferred choice for many - especially those with desires to live close to home and progress quickly. It won't suit everyone, and for those who have become accustomed to fluffy terms and conditions - well, don't bother - it may be some time before we have them!!!

I can only take from your post you have had a bad experience with Jet2, that said, most bad experiences usually go hand in hand with some self blame, so if things didn't work out for you for whatever reasons, it doesn't mean to say it will be the same for others.

To summerise - Jet2 are in their infancy and with that goes a steep learning curve, yes HR and other departments probably haven't got it quiet right, but every year we are seeing a large influx of experience from other airlines, a great deal of talented people who will I'm sure drive the company forward to in my opinion one of the largest most succesful lowco carriers in the UK.

Please don't be put off by negative posts, if you look at all the airlines there are always negatives - there has to be as you can't please everyone!!

Good Luck

ps - Attrition levels are now pretty low compared to other carriers, as those who had desires to fly out of the desert seem to have all gone!!! Recruitment levels are so high as we are expanding and increasing our fleet sizes

Last edited by endofeng; 4th Apr 2012 at 11:08. Reason: pps