PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathays 49ers
Thread: Cathays 49ers
View Single Post
Old 10th Dec 2002, 16:48
shortly

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Underpants. You are so very wrong in your summation of the situation. The re-election of the same leadership by the AOA caused no discomfort to the management of CX whatsoever, quite the contrary. They saw that as a sign of weakness, not strength, from the AOA. They knew that there was no new person about to hit them with valid reasons for negotiation. The re-election of the lunatic brigade sealed the fate of the 49ers. Their only hope now is for a bit of compensation, which will be given voluntarily by the company not under the duress of court action. At least that is my opinion. Your original 1,2 and 3 are actually the tri-partite strategy of the ineffectual AOA management. My God man what have the dithering blockheads achieved in ten + years of union activity against the company? How many company offers have been taken up? The art of negotiation seems lost on the AOA. Take whatever they offer which is better than what you had and then re-negotiate later. Remember the reams of data provided by the AOA in support of why they refused offers? Most of it (of course) coming from the USA - United was well represented then. Bet the AOA are not quoting them now. Anyway I would imagine this whole sorry episode is slowly dragging its way to a solution which will only weaken the AOA still further. My sympathy remains with the martyrs of union ineptitude - the 49ers. I hope the AOA doesn't screw up their compensation which is coming - or so the dogs are barking. But I bet they do.