PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Kenya Airways expansion plans - 60/70 expat captains required .
Old 3rd Apr 2012, 11:20
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt.Bill

I am 100% with you on the part that the threshould should be high. I am Expat who flew with alot of young fellas in the right seat and also guided some of those fruitfully into the left seat. I am proud to see some of the F/O´s I flew with as Expat are now Captains in those Airlines.

I left my "own" Country after the Company went bankrupt. Since I found it more rewarding in some cases to built long lasting friendships beyond the job I stayed as Expat in diffrent parts of the Globe for over 15 years. Truly not to gain expirience and return home to show off.

If you want to implement expirience into any outfit then ask for +10K hours and pay subsequently the right amount of money and after 5 years you see the develoment. Selection of the Expat has to be done carefull and not just by a number to fill as seat. HR is challenged. If the beancounters are leading the selection by the cost saving driven idea it is worthless. Pay peanuts get monkeys, I am sure you heared and feared that before.

Fly safe and land happy

NG