PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sooo, You Want to Fly for Korean Airlines Do You?
Old 2nd Apr 2012, 17:29
Prince Rupert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From haejangkook
The arrogant a***hole thought he could bully and push a puny Oriental around. So when the tables were turned, all sorts of baseless and inciendary accusation came about.

From DCS99
Having lived in Korea, albeit working on the ground at Kimpo 20+ years ago, I know one thing:

Never start a fight with a Korean man - or woman.
They're all hard as nails.

I don't know whether the compulsory military service toughens them up, but trust me, don't even think of swinging a punch. And I'm a hard man!
Sorry to digress here and in no way am I advocating fistcuffs to sort out problems. It was a real incident I witnessed during my pub crawling days in Itaewon to ward off the depression and drudgerry of life in Seoul. Some big size American troops from the nearby Yongsan Base picked a a fight with some puny looking Nepalis. There were six Yanks and four Nepalis in the fracas; the end result, the four Nepalis ended up with minor bruises and all six Yanks were carted off in the ambulance to the hospital! I thought the alcohol had played tricks on my eyes but my drinking pals who were equally bemused, confirmed that the Yanks were beaten up real bad!

I left KAL not only because of all the sh*t that Tex Johnson and Keyline wrote about, I also had issues with some of the Alteon instructors who appeared nice on the surface but secretly doing the dirty jobs at their master's behest. protect essential is right on the money, life in KAL killed part of me.