PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ethiopian Airlines?!?!?
View Single Post
Old 1st Apr 2012, 16:18
odericko2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Africa liar, because that's what you are, i went to school with some ET F.O's and still keep tabs with some of them to date, i will say it again ET F.O's do not earn that much, as a matter of fact three years ago their local 737 F.O's used to get paid 2,000 U.S.D, which at the time was i think the lowest anywhere flying a jet. That has since been reviewed and it is higher now, this from local F.O's who actually work for the airline, not rumour mills like you.

About their F.O's not flying due to lack of skills, well again a blatant lie, ET has some serious C.R.M issues which can not be wished away, most of their local Captains who are ex military are simply overbearing, thus you have, especially on their 737 fleets where most of their AB initio's end up a very steep cockpit gradient, bad for a safe cockpit. We all know from history many accidents where co pilots sat mum while their captains flew them straight to the ground to their deaths and not once did they react, not really a matter of skill rather a cultural problem if you like.

So being given a leg is largely dependent on your captain, and that is why some of them do like flying with the expats, not because they are sky gods but because they are more relaxed than their military hardened local pilots.