PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propeller torque & engine torque
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2012, 09:09
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In the quote you used, I said THP is relative to the distance the aircraft moves with reference to the earth. That's incorrect. It's TAS, which is flight velocity and explicitly states as so in the Aerodynamics for Naval Aviators text. I made a mistake.
That's right. You did make a mistake. But not just in that quote (which was actually two quotes anyway). No. You reiterated it across 4 pages:

I have been very clear in describing that if the 'vehicle' is not moving...

.....the distance that the aircraft moves with reference to the earth...”

...when the helicopter is in a fixed position over the ground...

...if the aircraft isn't moving, it isn't covering distance and so the work = zero. When work = zero, Power also = zero.
etc etc.

Who are you trying to kid? You made it central to what you've been prattling on about. Now finally you've dropped it.

You accusing me of holding out info and trying to guilt trip me has been bugging me
Well, maybe it will help if you go back and read between the lines. I wasn't really accusing you of holding out info. I was suggesting that it hadn't occured to you.

But let's just be clear about one thing. After 4 pages you have now done a ma-housiv u-turn and decided that the aircraft can stay still after all and still output power from the prop.

Last edited by oggers; 31st Mar 2012 at 09:16. Reason: added a cry baby emoticon