PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Any one for 737NG type rating from pan am.
Old 31st Mar 2012, 07:51
B737NG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Big-talks, no delivery

The recent years I´ve met alot of fellows who fall into the traps lured by the Agents who only want your best: Your family´s hard earned money, nothing else. They do not deliver because there is nothing to deliver. There is something to earn.

The pay in the recent years stagnated and in reality it went down. If Guy´s would stop to pay for currency then the Airline bean counters have to go back the old way and train people and spend the bucks. Now they are counting the bucks into theire pockets as Pilots pay it all and have a huge competition in the market. Ellbowes are used, accusations are common just to go a step ahead of someone else. That is not what I was used to in the past and I am sure there are many others who feel the same way.

Evaluations are done and the results are that out of 100 just one or two are passing. Out of the remaining 98 there are a few who want to run with the head thru the wall and pay by all costs for license, rating and more just to compete at the end and moan and complaint they have no success.

To land the first job is hard, pretty hard and I remember where I am coming from. To float the Industry with CPL holders is supporting only the fading T&C´s and not improving anything. I heard so often about the Pilots shortage in the past. It will not happen in the future is my fear, the only shortage will be around devoted Aviators.

I Indian Colleague paid both his Children a significant sum not to become a professional Pilot anymore. A Iranian friend paid his Daughter´s University education and she earns now more money after graduation in her late 20´s in Administration then he after almost 40 years behind the controls. That tells me something.

Fly safe and land happy

NG