PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Propeller torque & engine torque
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2012, 15:28
oggers

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The document that oggers posted does not relate to what I was talking about.
In that case I'm not sure what you think you're talking about but it certainly relates to the power induced by the rotor of a helicopter in the hover. Induced power and THP - two names, same concept. Not that the name is important seeing as you already asserted that there was no power at the rotor, only thrust:

The engine will definitely be creating lots of BHP(SHP) and burning lots of fuel to produce the thrust that is keeping the helicopter in the hover - but I believe THP will be zero...the "power (lift)" you mention is BHP(SHP)
And the essay I cited in my last post definitely states that power is induced by a prop. Which didn't come as much of a surprise to me

italia: you must try to remain calm.

Now, do I take it from the last post that you now acknowledge there is induced power, and that you get this at the prop in the static thrust scenario? Because you said 'if the aircraft doesn't move no work is done. No work is no THP' Is it just that you didn't think to mention induced power in any of the many pages you have devoted to this so far?

Last edited by oggers; 30th Mar 2012 at 15:42.