PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ACA 'ProPilot'
Thread: ACA 'ProPilot'
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2012, 11:25
U2380

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ACA 'ProPilot'

Hi guys,

First off, I apologise if this is in the wrong place or has been posted before, I'm still finding my way around the forums.

I hope to start a JAA ATPL course later this year and I'm looking for a bit of info on a particular flight school.

The flight school is called Airlines Career Academy (ACA) and the course is called 'ProPilot'.

ACA ProPilot: JAA/EASA ATPL commercial pilot training programme

As you can see, the course is extremely well priced when compared to flight schools in the UK, they also ask for a number of smaller payments throughout the course as opposed to a large up front payment.

However, the fact that the course is so much less expensive than it's Uk counterparts worries me somewhat. As does the fact that the ground training and some of the flying hours are completed at the same time.

Does anyone have any information on this course and any potential pitfalls it may have? Would this be a viable course or would I be better off somehow finding the extra money and doing a course in the UK? (OAA/CTC)

I'm particularly 'worried' about links with the airlines after the training is completed. Is it likely that an applicant from this course be disregarded straight away? Especially when up against someone from OAA/CTC?

I appreciate that some of these questions may be neigh on impossible to answer, but any input would be appreciated.

As a side note, I have looked into taking the modular route with Bristol GS, however I can't see the 'blended' course working for me. I would prefer to do a full time ground school course.

Many thanks.