PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New 'Aviation Minister' after Monday?
View Single Post
Old 25th Mar 2012, 12:12
teresa green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting question Headmaster. Probably for a start the "starboard wing" is far more likely to recognise Pilots as not "overpaid bus drivers" (you will excuse me if I sound a little bitter, your old bodgie leader had some unpleasant habits) but professional people, this hopefully would lead to negotiations with people with a reasonable IQ and less preoccupied with the notion that all pilots are born on the right side of the track, went to private schools, and mummy and daddy just popped down to the bank and got the flying training money out of the petty cash, and great uncle Edgar was a friend of the chief pilot so little Nigel was accepted of course. (Once more you will have to excuse me, being a 89er and as your Treasurer at the time hated our collective guts, this was a colorful description as only he could describe us) not true of course, I don't have a Uncle Edgar, and I lived in a car for the first two years of my flying job, but you get my gist. Something tells me Headmaster, the majority of pilots are just going to be happier if grownups are running the show.