PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Collective Colour Vision Thread 3
View Single Post
Old 24th Mar 2012, 02:04
172andup

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi there, it's my first time posting here.

So, I'm 19 years old and for the last 10 years, a day hasn't passed without me thinking of being a commercial airline pilot. So I found a flight school where they recommended me to a Civil Aviation Medical Examiner where I did my tests for my Category 1 medical. I passed everything flawlessly until the examiner took out an Ishihara booklet. I found can't read some of the plates so I was told to take a Farnsworth d15. In the d15, i found out i have a green colour deficiency, but I didn't think much of it and sent it with my application to Transport Canada. I thought everything was fine so I continued with my flight school application. They asked me verbally if i passed my Category 1, I told them I was expecting it in the mail. So I was accepted. One day, I come home to find a letter from Transport so I excitedly opened it expecting my Cat1. It turns out it was a letter saying I have to do a D15 or lantern test to get rid of my "day flying only" restriction. So I immediately booked an appointment.

I did the lantern test, but failed. Interestingly, in the results, for every green I said white and for every white I said green. I absolutely did not mix the green or the white up with each other, if I reversed my answers, I would've gotten 100%. I want to do the test again, but do any of you think because I was nervous? when I stepped into the exam room all the kept running through my mind was that if I failed that, I wouldn't be able to do the only thing that i have ever wanted to do after high school. Do you think there's still hope for me?