PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 8
Thread: MANCHESTER - 8
View Single Post
Old 22nd Mar 2012, 11:28
easyflyer83

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that IS laughable.( once you edit out the loss leading headline few seats)

I can only speak from my own experience.

My Dutch colleague also is a regular on AMS-MAN-AMS, he generally books 7-10 days in advance, & KLM invariably wins hands down, in terms of fares & schedule.

Majority of Swiss pax to ZRH are in transit.

Sure LCC have their place, & very useful from MAN to places like Bilbao etc.
What I meant by that is that LCC are cheaper more often than they are more expensive when compared to legacy. KLM are very comeptitive but i'd hardly say they "win hands down". Even then if you don't wish to take a hold bag (and many don't regardless of whether they are full service or LCC) then Easy is quite often the cheapest. Indeed, many focus so much on the extra's such as bags, speedy boarding and the cost of drink/snack onboard that they forget that many passengers don't need and don't partake in those elements. EZY does well on MAN/LPL-AMS and it does so purely on a O&D basis and to make out that many of those passengers are misguided/didn't realise (like many posters do) is silly. It also doesn't account for the fact that despite receiving a light snack and a coffee on LH/KL etc, many actually like the Easyjet product even over that of a legacy and despite the downsides to travelling EZY.....which there are.

And in response to your final comment Mr A Tis. Why shouldn't EZY and other LCC's compete on major City pairs? Why should they be confined soley to filling routes to airports that others don't want to fly to?