PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 17:16
RAT 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2010 RYR make what they say were excellent profits, (€300ish) but none given back to improve general conditions. Pax given a basic service as advertised by MOL in his Brussels innovation lecture roadshow. All in all they claim they have to squeeze the guys & gals to survive as the worlds favourite airline. In 2010 Lufthansa has some of the best T's & C's anywhere, certainly EU; the pax receive a high level experience as befits a legacy carrier. Profit €1.1bn. So who is doing it the correct way? OK, LH say they will lose money winter 2011, but so will nearly everyone including RYR. I suspect if you look at total profits over the last 10 years of turmoil I suspect RYR will not top the list despite their scrooge mentality. LH will be up there. And looking at KLM's €100 return tickets to many EU destinations, including 23kgs of baggage, 2 pieces, in the cabin, of a usually un-weighed 10kgs; free transfer onto the earlier return flight; always a smile and helpful. BA & LH often match these prices. Why do so many still trawl around the skies in a cramped scruffy seat with so many add-ons that others take for granted? Beats me. Seems too many have been brain-washed into believing that's the way it has to be for a cheap price. Not so.