PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big brother is watching................
View Single Post
Old 19th Mar 2012, 12:44
JTobias

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Silsoe,

Youve done it again, you've omitted parts of my sentences that are the critical element.

Firstly, I said there is no requirement for me to complete a GAR form for flights originating within the UK (etc, etc) UNLESS I am entering the Olympic Airspace and then I only have to provide it to the apropriate AUTHORITY. In other words I am NOT obligated to provide it to a hotel. So you banged your head on a wall for no good reason. ;-)

Am I right or wrong ??? (For the avoidance of doubt, and to avoid some attempt at distraction, do I or don't I have to complete a GAR form and provide it to a hotel ???)

You also refer to my viewpoint - but we were discussing some facts which you have conveniently sidestepped. The first one I have covered above and the second relates to the filing of paperwork before a flight.

Completeing a weight and balance (and no I don't actually - I know I'm within it most flights and when I'm unsure I do one), checking weather and NOTAM's etc is not filingpaperwork with someone prior to my flight. So I'm certain that I'm also factually correct here also.

In terms of your viewpoint, of course you're entitled to it, and I respect that. Let me tell people mine. In the course of protecting this country and it's citizens I will happily comply with anything that is sensible and apropriate regardless of whether it's the Law or not.

But it should be exactly that 'sensible and apropriate' and I don't know what constitutes that but I'm certain that being asked to provide it at some places, and not others, with no verification process isn't it.

Joel