PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big brother is watching................
View Single Post
Old 18th Mar 2012, 12:45
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I can quite see the argument of people like TC about " just get on with it " etc etc and all for the greater good . That makes sense but dont forget that all the over regulation fron the CAA came creeping in in a similar way ...ie get on with it , it is for safety etc etc and look where we are now !
I said earlier that the police insisted i notify them when i am flying with guns on board and picking up fuel .....i refused ...but if that really now is "the law" it effectively means that most aoc flights taking people shooting will stop happening ( the fuzz will never get to you and inspect the guns , paperwork etc in under an hour )...thats a few million quid out of the Helicopter Pub Transport income for the year in one go !!! These things may look reasonable under the circumstances of the Olympics but please lets get some assurance that things go back to normal afterwards ........in my experience most temporary rules end up staying , we do not live in a country where the suits like giving up power remember that