PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mass exodus at TAM
View Single Post
Old 15th Mar 2012, 21:12
spinola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
fish Brazilian legislation is totally different from the Portuguese

Dear da Mooca,

Brazilian law actually is totally different from the Portuguese and even quite unfair to the portuguese, there is no law that prohibits foreigners in Portuguese Law, there are requirements in the conversion of Brazilian license for European JAA, something that is far from being a problem for the Portuguese pilots that want to go fly to Brazil, it is logical that there should exist at least a knowledge of local laws, and communications.
When someone said it was impossible for an individual that does not speak Portuguese, to fly in Brazil when the ATC do not speak english, well my dear friend I speak Portuguese and I realize as well as you should also that is very bad for large airports not to have proficient ATC, is something that should be required in brazilian training and laws, as you know English is the official aviation language, but you are right it would be difficult and even dangerous for a German for example to fly in Brazil, without proficiency in Portuguese.
One final note is that there is no European passport what exists is a passport issued by a member country that can open the door to work in the European Union, and a Brazilian does not need a passport to get to work in the European Union, requires an employment contract, that can lead eventually to obtain one.
I will not extend more because it's crystal clear that it's quite unfair for the portuguese pilots the law that states that all foreigns are not accepted to fly commercially.
Regards