PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is war likely with Iran? Consequences for EK?
Old 13th Mar 2012, 10:51
maybepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sassy,

I could talk to you about the 1.5 million Israeli Arabs (20% of the total Israeli population and 3 times the population of Gaza) and their right to study and get an education, right to vote ( they even have their representation in the parliament with 3 Arab political parties) , right to join the military (yes there are Arab Muslims in the IDF and entirely Beduin battalions ), right to receive healthcare and social benefits just like the other Israelis , I could tell you about the cities of Jaffa or Acre or Nazareth which are in fact populated by a majority of Israeli Arabs who can conduct a normal and wealthy western standard of life, of course I could also tell you about what you call bottle rockets fired from Gaza indiscriminately over civilian areas and their 40km range (24 miles if you prefer or the distance between Newark and Long Beach) with their deadly effects ( yes there are tens of Israeli victims due to bottles including Israeli Arabs), I could tell you about hamas firing mortar shells from school backyards or civilian building's rooftops or using ambulances to move weaponry and militants or firing from an area and shortly after moving children in hoping to make the news when the Israeli air force hits them back, I could talk to about the almost daily rocket attacks and the thousands Israelis running for shelter when the sirens go off while the news is not even mentioned by international media ( the Syrian regime has killed more civilians in 2011-2 alone than the Israelis since the foundation of the state in 1948 but I'm sure your doctor friend doesn't care and prefers bashing Israel instead).

As you see there are many things we could talk about but let's be honest, you also say that the Arabs are fighting for a land that was theirs in the first place implying you don't recognize the very existence of Israel ......then there's very little to talk about I' m afraid.

P.S.: whose land was America in the first place?Where are the native Indians living?You call them reserves right?
But if a native mexican, whose ancestors were living in the American continent centuries before yours decided to conquer it, wants to move north then you want him out.......