PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is war likely with Iran? Consequences for EK?
Old 13th Mar 2012, 08:14
SassyPilotsWife

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
in the simplest form

Without any quotes or stories from Wikipedia, swaying political replies, posted videos, or other visual aids, let me say this in the simplest form.

If the US presence is ONLY oil driven, why aren't we loaded to the hilt in Venezuela ?

Someone commented " Of course that's the inconvenient truth....and who is paying for it...the American taxpayer ...next time you guys take care of it on your own.....after all you have it figured out. Now go check your iPhones and date check me, wearing your Raybans & your American Eagle shirts while your sitting in Starbucks before you head off to grab a cheeseburger on the way to the movies...

nobody in the US queuing at this regions embassies for a better life...care to checkout the line at the US embassies around the world "

Exactly my point. I'm sick to death of my tax dollars offering humanitarian efforts to those thousands of miles away when right in our own " back yard" we have homeless and hungry children and war vets. That is just plain wrong.

Our US govt is very corrupt and yes, big corporation run by lobbyist. No American doubts that now. Yes, the baby boomers were raised and educated to be manipulated that the US is the strongest, best, most diplomatic safe country in the world. However, we're no longer nieve. We are fully aware that war sustains the economy and it would be hypocritical for me to disagree given the fact that due to it, my husband and I are living in the ME where his career is dependent on it now as a freight pilot. Yes we can all stand up and protest yet, if we don't pay taxes, we're jailed. If we don't vote, we shouldn't have a say, If we are politically incorrect, we get sued in civil court. The political correctness is now causing our schools to stop correcting kids when their bad, stopped allowing God to be in our schools, stopping free speech, preventing parents from spanking their children. We haven't lost sight of what is right and wrong, we're just not allowed to practice it. Gangs are running the cities. I'll never forget my 1st gang related shooting. Having to ask a gang leader permission to expose and examine my patient because cutting a gang members clothing is an insult to their "colors"

Someone also stated that commenting might result in being labeled " un patriotic". I'll take that any day versus the alternative in other countries for speaking out or protesting the government. But I am certain that too will change later down the road.

If only I could convince my now adult children to leave the US and quit giving 50% of their incomes to a government who doesn't help the very people that they are supposed to support.

Not only are our tax dollars going halfway around the globe, they are going right into the pockets of illegal aliens who are swimming right past our borders.

Hubby said we're going to move into Mexico, obtain citizenship there, then swim back into the US where we will receive free housing, free health care, food stamps, and settle in California where our youngest who is in law school can finish school for free

In regards to Gaza... if you want the facts on what is really going on there, talk to the only 2 doctors who have been allowed in there to work. Dr's Mads Gilbert and Erik Fossee. I met both of these doctors at the Trauma Management Conference in Al Ain 3 years back and as a Paramedic whos worked in EMS and FEMA disaster response, I was literally sick to my stomach to learn what is really going on, see pictures of the victims, see pictures of the hospital they were working out of that was bullet and bomb ridden. Isreal said that they hit 90% of their target in Gaza. Do they fail to mention that those targets were schools and hospitals ? They are using taxi's to transport patients because the ambulances are targets. I've never wanted to go work somewhere as badly as Gaza and offered to. But sadly, I was reminded that as an American female, I would be dead within a week. I saw pictures of the injured that showed proof the injuries were from DIME bombs. They are not legal to use and of course Israel denied using them. Gaza has the offense strike nothing bigger than a bottle rocket. Pathetic that they are as defenseless as they are and yet Israel keeps hitting them hard. For what is Gaza's fight? to try and gain back the land that was theirs to begin with? If you want to learn the truth on Gaza, Gaza Volunteer Doctor Tours North America | Community Affairs | Islamic Insights

start there. During the conference, speakers were limited to 15 or 20 minute intervals. When Dr Gilbert got up and spoke, his time was running into 30 min. He apologized and without a dry eye in the building, we stood in ovation requesting he continue. If only the truth were really out there. But the lobbying Zionist don't allow it. In my 12 years of working with medical professionals both domestic and international and working natural disasters, I've never met anyone with so much compassion, caring and TRUTH.