Thread: anthrax
View Single Post
Old 6th Dec 2002, 06:17
BlueWolf
Lupus Domesticus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
StopStart

Nothing personal taken, my dear fellow.

It is my sincerest wish that healthy debate will result in healthier sevice persons.

'Medical Science' (allopathy) doesn't have all the answers. This much is plain truth. It does, however, have an established record of wanting the world, at whatever point in history constitutes "now", to believe that it does. Western orthodox medicine is, and has been, an immeasurably valuable gift to humanity, and I would truly hate to see the world (and me) denied its countless benefits. But it doesn't know everything, and it shouldn't go thinking as if it does. Believing one's own propaganda is an unhelpful trap to fall into.

"Alternative" medicine doesn't have all the answers either, and in truth, is guilty of the same sins of arrogance as is the establishment.
But it does know some things that allopathic medicine doesn't, and some of the things it knows are truth whether medical science wants to accept them or not.

Somewhere between the extremes of opinion and methodology, lies Truth and the Useful Stuff.

If any one medical methodology were able to provide satisfaction for all, there would be no commercial demand for any other method. Plenty of people written off by one "side" have proven curable by the other, and vice versa.

If I were in the position of having to decide on whether or not to have the 'jabs' (which thank the Lord I'm not Sir) I would, based on an understanding built up over a long period, opt to forego the proffered immunisations in favour of other protective measures. That is a personal, informed decision. Others must arrive at their own, but in all fairness should, in making it, be allowed access to all the facts, not just some of them.

Good luck.