PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is war likely with Iran? Consequences for EK?
Old 12th Mar 2012, 02:09
maybepilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trader,

very good post, fully agree with you.

Sittingidly,

if the rest of the world is contributing higher percentages to countries other than Israel and Egypt, that supports my argument!
The rest of the western world (USA included) pours into the pockets of the many ME and Asian countries amounts of money that Israel could only dream of and bear in mind that Israel only gets aid from the USA to maintain what is called its QME (qualitative military edge) in order to deter numerically superior adversaries.
Yes because Israel is literally surrounded by adversaries who would not hesitate a minute to wipe all of its citizens off the face of this planet.
On the other hand Israel's QME has never been used to wipe anybody off but always in retaliation to indiscriminate attacks on its territory (yes because like it or not it is a country recognized by the UN) and on its civilians.

what does the Marshall plan have to do with 2012? Then you stated that Israel receives an amount of Aid from the US, that the Palestinians only receive from the rest of the world. Which once again supports my argument.
Israel only receives aid from the USA and only for its own QME (about 2.5bln$/year) , the Palestinians have been receiving a slightly bigger amount from the rest of the world (about 2.6bln/year) but only in the form of economic help and development (for their military development they receive help from well known countries but there are no fact sheets available).
The amount per person that the Palestinians receive a year is about 5 times higher what the Europeans received from the Marshall plan after WWII but while the Europeans managed to rebuild an entire continent and become wealthy again the Palestinians only manage to cry for more help while educating their children to racial hatred, martyrdom and religious fanaticism.
Israel is ranked 4th in the world for scientific activity (measured measured by the number of scientific publications per million citizens) and 17th for HDI (human development index as published by the UN) while the first ME country in that ranking is the UAE coming 30th (however almost 90% of its population are expats).
This clearly shows that the money spent for Israel is money pretty well spent, can't really say that for the mega billions spent for the many muslim sharia run countries around the globe.

humanitarian crisis... caused by the very nation that is receiving your support in military aid? As far as the P’s ''claiming a crisis'', if you call it a claim and not a reality, then you don't understand what is actually happening on the ground.
The crisis which is all but humanitarian is caused only and primarily by the Palestinians themselves ,by the friends they chose to have on the international scene and by the wide spread ignorance and lack of education.
And believe me, I know VERY WELL what is happening on the ground......