PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Headsets
View Single Post
Old 12th Mar 2012, 01:48
j3pipercub

Received 8 Likes on 2 Posts
ITW,

I never said you were elitist, or a bully. I will answer your question with a question though...

Why is it that whenever an ADF pilot mentions the entry standard, they think that by becoming a D-Cat on something, they are far superior to the Civvie guys? I agree that you are the best of the best of those who applied, nothing more. If one could spend as much on civilian training as you had spent on yours, I think the end product would be similar.

It takes different kinds of abilities and strengths to succeed in both streams, but because one is different from the other, both have this need to demonstrate that they are BETTER than the other lot.

Furthermore, you have been very hostile towards Civvies, ever since you first commented on this thread and not just toward GG...

Another elitist airline pilot who thinks his doesn't stink because he can sit at FL nosebleed wishing he could remember what it was like to touch the flight controls...
My bolding. Another one hey? So there's heaps of them? I love generalisations, my turn;

Would that be like me saying, you're another camo wearing monosyllabic knuckle dragger that thinks his sh1t don't stink cos he can fly a helicopter wishing he knew what it was like to talk to sober women? Make your blood boil much? Do you get my point? That is the opposite of what I think of the ADF though.

only thing decreasing faster than their terms and conditions is their ability to fly....
That's two comments about flying ability, got tickets on yourself there?

I would love to be that cool...but poor old me had the skills, co-ordination and shameless good looks required to hover...
Thats right, I forgot that you were born with skills as opposed to acquiring them.

Also your parents can be proud of their sons career, and can stop telling their mates at the bowls club that you are a real estate agent...because the truth is far worse.....
Hmmmmm. that may have been directed at GG, but it infers that being a civvie pilot is something to be ashamed of. Thats like me saying your parents tell everyone that you got your first preference after flight screening and are in the RAAF...

Enjoy your lifestyle while it lasts...I don't see many Helicopter cadetships springing up...do you?
I have actually seen quite a few being tabled recently, Bristow was one of them, I believe CHC was also looking at it.

one of the many brave selfless men that secured your "lifestyle"
As an aside, I take a massive issue with this attitude. I am in no way nor would I ever call into question the bravery or conduct of any serving ADF member, but fighting in the MEAO is NOT securing my lifestlye or this country's security. BIG difference between Afghanistan and Indonesia.

And these are just a sample of your attitude, looking back through your post history.

But hey, there's really no point to this, we'll just chase our tails until someone gets dizzy or the thread gets locked. Furthermore, life's too short.

j3