PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - anthrax
Thread: anthrax
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2002, 23:45
StopStart

Champagne anyone...?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I did write pages and pages of stuff about this but suddenly lost the will to live and condensed it somewhat. I consulted Dr StopStart about these things and we turned up some stuff on squalene and anti squalene antibodies (ASAs). The upshot was that some of the original (mid to late 80s) batches of vaccine had increased levels of squalene. People exposed to the these vaccines tended to produce ASAs, the side effects of which were broadly similar to those experienced by those suffering from the so-called “Gulf War Illness”. More recent studies of anthrax vaccines have shown that squalene is no longer a constituent, at least not in detectable levels.

Whilst I appreciate that there may be some trepidation amongst individuals over the anthrax vaccine (partly because of the hype and rumour surrounding it) I fail to see what the MoD would have to gain by pumping their troops full of poison. The MoD wants to vaccinate us for one reason: so that when we get attacked with bio-weapons we will not all keel over and die or clog up the field hospitals etc etc.
They have nothing to gain from not properly testing the vaccines they give us and everything to lose. There is no “propaganda” surrounding this. The only reason they have to stand up and tell us about the thing is to counter the wealth of rumour and misinformation that is floating about.

If you have doubts about it go ask the MO. If you think the MOs part of the “global conspiracy” then go and ask a civvy GP. You could ask a Naturopath about it too if you liked although I’d put the NAAFI Manager slightly higher up my list of authorities on this subject.
A doctor will be able to give you more substantiated information than you will ever glean from somewhere like this.

The anthrax vaccine does have side effects. As do all the other vaccines we have. The vast majority of his will suffer little or no ill effect. A very small minority will suffer some more serious side effects. In a similar way however, a small minority of the populace can be killed by eating peanuts.

Should it be required of me I will have the anthrax vaccine. This isn’t based on blind faith in my superiors but on information gleaned from professionals involved in these issues. Some of you would do well to consult similar individuals when forming your opinions rather than following the advice to be found in these pages.
Except this advice…. Hmmm.

PS. Sorry BlueWolf but I disagree with your opinions of medical science. I would hope that those folks “intelligent” enough to be perusing these pages are also intelligent enough to weigh up the evidence of years of medical work and research by hundreds of thousands of intelligent, well qualified and generally apolitical doctors against the unproven work of one man and those that believe in medical remedies with no scientific basis in fact.

Nothing personal old bean

PPS. Gorilla - enjoy your Malaria.