PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Headsets
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2012, 11:05
jas24zzk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oh GOD!!!!

ITW, you owe me a new box of tissues, that was too funny!

I could quote a lot of people on this one, as some valid points. But a point of disagreement that shouldn't exist, is the difference between the need of cutting the Pax out of the Tx loop for private vs commercial ops.
There is no difference in either operation in this facet.

If you think there is, then please explain to me the operational difference in the following situation

I'm doing City orbits in melbourne with my family (pvt op)
Joe from MB is doing the same (chtr op)

Where is the difference in comms req'd ?????
Sorry but the argument of cutting down the pvt op just doesn't wash with me, esp given some of the pro pundits attitudes around here of pvt op's not being pro enough for them.

Woodwork has mentioned the best idea, selectable intercomm. I've flown with some of these, and whilst they are good, they are not ideal.
2 position. Crew/all.
Most times on these flights, the guy in the RH seat isn't crew, he wants to natter with the GIB's about how full the MCG is today.
Those intercom's need 3 positions... Pilot/crew/all. (they prolly exist, just never flown one yet)

Woody also makes a vaild point about the pax having fully functional headsets to replace his in the case of a failure. Had that happen to me before, (more than once) I doubt anyone here has never had a headset failure, excepting the overpaid ones that buy a new headset every year.

The original post.........should have maybe been in pvt ops?? PFFFFFFFFTTTTTTT!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, I'm an aussie, i live in ozland, i want to buy in ozland, i'm gunna ask in the Australian section, and poo to anyone that thinks that wrong. I know the supplier will be happy!