PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 11th Mar 2012, 10:00
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Baggage problems

I was at Gatwick North Terminal on Saturday morning and it was quite obvious even at 7 am there was a problem as there was baggage everywhere, I went for a coffee and something to eat and by 8 am it was getting very serious, even though the flight display screens were showing flights running as normal it was obvious there would be severe delays.

My brothers Thomson flight to Barbados which was supposed to depart at 09.15 finally left the gate after a 3 hour delay.

It was my first time at Gatwick North Terminal since July 2009 and the changes and improvents are highly visible, the whole terminal feels more airy and the entrance far nicer, I had a look at the arrivals area and this does'nt look as if anything has changed, the lower pick up area directly outside arrivals still looks a complete mess though.

I was also at Gatwick South Terminal last week and you can clearly see the improvments made, I very much liked the new lifts and drop off areas but the actual terminal especially the upper level where the new security area is situtated is not that good especially the area where the new eaterys are.

But all in all a great improvement all round, I actually took a few pictures so well done to GIP and the Management at Gatwick.