PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation 750 down in Egelsbach.
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 10:51
jetopa

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Danger

You "special pilot" have taken so much from us and from so many others. I for one do not need the investigation reports, I already know.
Wow - that's a tough one... And very sad to read.

One has to be careful not to prematurely judge from what we seem to 'know', based on own perceptions or information that is publicized. But:

- it is a known fact that this airplane (which I used to fly some time ago) does not do particularly well to or from short runways and at low speeds. Any airplane needs a knowing hand, but the X can be an unforgiving beast. So, the choice of going into EDFE with it can be quite justifiably questioned. I'm confident the BFU will look into this.

- the X seems to be attractive for certain 'owner-pilots', appealing to their massive ego of owning and handling one of the fastest civilian birds in the sky. Some of these individuals even opt for the winglet-upgrade, to make their airplane even faster...
There are other airplanes available on the market which comfortably can transport the same load as the X, but can be operated to an airfield like EDFE with much more peace of mind. But that is apparently not their main objective.

- I personally had the 'privilege' of supervising some of this kind of pilots - one of whom residing not far away from this particular accident scene and another one more to the East. In short words: scary!

As long as authorities look the other way and TREs sign off their LPCs, this kind of 'aviators' will continue getting others into trouble, I'm afraid. And: they are liable to ruin the reputation of private / business aviation.

Not letting that happen should be one of pprune's agendas!