PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHINA SOUTHERN B777 CAPTS
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 08:02
break_break

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I had long shelved my plan of ever joining a chinese carrier, after doing some research and talking to agencies for feel of pulses and now no longer current in any of the 2 popular ratings (330 & 777, plenty of time on both but more than 6 months on latter.)
In essence, it's very simple, too many jobless (or about to be) pilots from mainly Europe and North America willing to work for almost nothing. Thank goodness many are inadequately qualified.
But still, the numbers are there and I won't hold my breath for getting these blokes to unite and stand firm against these sort of intentional discrimination, whilst needing our expertise.
Those of us with secure jobs would simply laugh at this 6 on 2 off "commuting" contract, let alone the lunacy and non transparent nature of its medical and licensing procedures.
Spoke to a mate of mine who actually attended China Southern interview process just for experience (he made it clear that he just wanted to confirm the ridiculous SIM Check profile and medical procedures). You will not believe how entertaining it was, we had a good laugh over beer & BBQ and concluded that only desperate souls need to apply. It's gonna be a long while before they would come to their senses, of which many believe they won't.
Best of luck to those who still wiling to sell themselves short, and be prepared for uncertainties that lie ahead of you.