PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 36 And my dream has died.
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 02:15
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
"solapi" Something like that would hardly work in the UK, because the AOC itself would cost more then it would be worth doing!
Few looked into that idea in the UK, however to much legal wrangle to even want to go near it!

It is never to late, but.... it is not going to be easy, time flies by much to fast! But feeling sorry for yourself is not going to get you anywhere! And it seems to be a bit of self-pity out there, at the age of 36, I never thought I would have completed my pilot training, even though it was my dream since I was 13, and had PPL when I was 18!

It took me 16 years to get going, it cost me much in money, time, family, friends, and the result, still no jobs! Not even an interview!

But I am not giving up, and this year plan to do more changes to get that first job, who knows, maybe there will be a miracle.

Sorry about your illusive dream, but looking around I feel more sorry for all those who have already spent £50000 - £90000 on training, and running around like me, like headless chickens looking for a job, that will not repay the outlays we have made for at least another 10 years.

Because here is the thing, calculate your training expenses, loss of income during this period and the first 2 -3 years working for peanuts, being away from family, commuting between work and family, having to households! What is more attractive?
Your frozen salary, or trying to keep 2 households on £1500 - £2500 a month?

Maybe what you think is a dream, actually could pretty much be a huge nightmare! Still we get up everyday, look on websites for jobs, PPRUNE to see all the bad news of no hope, and do less and less flying, because need to keep £25.000 aside, in case get a job offer, to pay for your Type Rating!

Besides that, it is all fun and great games! Cheek up, and stop feeling sorry for yourself, in the end you might be the lucky one of us!