PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vistajet? Latest news, anyone?!
View Single Post
Old 10th Mar 2012, 01:59
el commandante

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok here it goes, some might say I'm crazy:

I'm currently in based in Hong Kong flying a wide body for the last 7 years. Still FO and command probably still 6 years away. I'm getting sick of Hong Kong and don't really enjoy flying for my company.

I'm sick of the training in this company.
I'm sick of the constant night flying.
I had one to many jet lags.
I'm sick of the management in this company.
I'm sick of the lack of perspective.
I'm sick of most the people I fly with as they are completely full of themselves.

I can continue the list for quite a while, but you get the drift.

So now I don't just want to go back to a different airline in Europe but try something else.
As I started my career on a small Learjet I got some experience in the executive aviation and I liked it.

So my question is: Can I join Vista Jet as a Direct Entry Captain? I have around 9000 hours with 4000 wide body on international operations and about 3000 hours command on turboprops.
I don't care which airplane, actually would prefer the smaller ones since they can't fly that long. I've seen long haul and big jet's, don't need that anymore.

How are direct entry captains accepted in VJ?

It would be a big time salary cut, but money is not everything and I want to have a job which I like and not hate plus I would like to go back to Europe.

How's that roster? Do you get a block on/off? How is your time when on organized? 24h on call or do you get some sort of plan. Of course I know there will be changes, but so do I have now.

Any advise would be great.

Thanks!

Last edited by el commandante; 10th Mar 2012 at 02:29.