PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CHINA SOUTHERN B777 CAPTS
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 23:59
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two weeks ago the CAAC came out with new requirements; a brain MRI and carodit artery ultrasound. If you are 45 or older you have to do these every year.

Here is how this will work:
The CAAC will hire one of their sisters' cousins off a farm to give him a job. They will then buy the cheapest knock-off MRI off TaiBai (Chinese ebay). The 22 year old off a farm will be give 3 minutes of instruction on how to run the machine (green button on, red button off). He will be shown the form to fill out, including the "pass" and "fail" boxes. This will be the extent of his training. He will then be set loose on the pilot population, both Chinese and Expat. Expats however make up a large portion of the over 45 crowd in chinese cockpits.

BTW I just failed my medical yesterday, 2 times out of 4 now. BP again. This time I had the dreaded "small BP cuff". It is too small for our arms. Usually they have another goon hold it in place with two hands, they take the test, and you fail. This time I got to be the goon, and hold it in place with my other hand. I failed.

I checked my BP on vacation less than a week ago several times, and it was 120/75 all day.

Welcome to China