PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Training
Thread: CTC Training
View Single Post
Old 5th Dec 2002, 19:10
Airbus Girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CTC offer excellent training, and are not a scam organisation.
British Airways are the only airline offering an alternative full sponsorship. With them I believe that you don't get paid for the duration of the course but get some pocket money. Then you join them as a Cadet Pilot starting on somewhere around £20k.

I don't know what the airlines that CTC are finding cadets for are paying, but I suspect it will be a reasonable deal.

I see some people are saying don't do it, but look at the alternative. You self sponsor, pay the £60k yourself, do a full time course, don't get paid for the 18-24 months of the course and then come out the other end with no job.

Spend the next x months out of work and losing currency. Or perhaps spend further money either getting an instructors rating and working for peanuts or paying to gain more hours.

I agree that 7 years as a Cadet pilot is a long time but paying back £70k (full ATPL plus jet type rating) over 7 years means you should "only" lose about £10k a year on pay.

On the previous CTC schemes the money came out in the students favour by quite some margin and I suspect this will do the same.

If I was still a wannabe I would be first in the queue for an application form from CTC.

But I am not. I was taken on by CTC previously, with a (very) newly issued CPL. One month later I was flying the Airbus as First Officer. As were the others on my course. You cannot say the training is bad if they can take raw recruits with zero experience other than bare minimum single pilot light aircraft flying and get them to the point of starting line training in less than one month. That included learning all the company SOPs from scratch, learning to fly 2 crew, taking the type exams and passing the type rating itself. 20 sectors later we were all signed off from line training and let loose.

If anyone else would like to comment, please tell us your experiences training through CTC. I am sure for wannabes this sort of comment is the most useful.