PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 36 And my dream has died.
View Single Post
Old 9th Mar 2012, 17:49
s4ex

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
why retrain to become a developer when you can retrain to become a pilot?
Becoming a developer does not require paying thousands of pounds as piloting does, it can be done at home, if you have enough commitment. If you are already in IT, you should already have an understanding of how to program. And you can change your boring job to more interesting quite easily, just some self training is required, if you want. And then earning money for pilot license won't be that hard and boring. If course it is a matter of interest, I'm not saying that you won't be bored by programming, but there are also plenty of other opportunities, I'm not going to list them here. If you want, you can find them.

They have also stopped our training. Imagine an airline saying you are getting no further training in your job and you salary has been frozen.

Welcome to the world of IT !!
Don't want to be rude, just curious. What sort of training is required for IT professionals, that you can't (againt) get at home? World of IT is quite unique - you can train yourself without even leaving your flat (everything is in the Internet), unless you require some additional hardware, but that's just in case of defence and/or embedded projects. And those are definitely NOT boring. Of course its not that easy, as it sounds, and after an 8h working day in the office its difficult to make yourself read about microcontrollers, ECUs etc. at home, but while you are not flying (nothing happens in pilot career) - rather than sitting in front of the TV in the evenings (just an example), it is still possible to devote some time to expanding horizons of your current career path in IT, which is I would say 'unlimited'. It may change your life, and even move you forward to flying career.

So, heads up. Be motivated and find commitment. I'm sure you gonna succeed.

Good luck