PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is war likely with Iran? Consequences for EK?
Old 9th Mar 2012, 06:20
SCATANA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
pardon my imagination

Fair enough, lets get back to the main subject.

I agree with IronButt57 that a USA war vs Iran is unlikely. But if it does happen it will be messy and long.

Iran knows that super powers like a quick and decisive war. They can't handle the long term bleeding as the war drags on (USA vs vietnam/iraq/afghanistan, Soviet vs afghanistan, Israel vs lebanon 2006, the 8-year Iran vs Iraq war) specially in these economic times.

If I had to guess, I'd say an Iran vs USA war would be similar to Israel vs Hezbollah 2006 but on a much bigger and longer scale and with global consiquences (assuming no other country gets involved).

But if other countries do get involved, and they will, then basically it'll be WW3.

Worst case scenario (again i'm only guessing):

In the Blue corner: North America, EU, Israel, Turkey, Australia, some former soviet states, some Arabian countries, some GCC countries.

In the Red corner: Iran, Iraq, Syria, Lebanon, Russia, China, South America, Afghanistan, Pakistan, yemen (yes you read the last 3 countries correct).

In the neutral/unknown corner: India, oman, kuwait, Africa, Far East (japan, n/s.korea, malaysia, indonesia...etc).

Possible outcome: 2/3 of population will die during or after the war due hunger/cold/disease/radiation.

Basicaly we're all fooked.

Needles to say all airlines/businesses/governments in the gulf will be crippled for a long period, some wont even survive. cough*gf*cough

Last edited by SCATANA; 9th Mar 2012 at 08:15. Reason: spelling.