PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VOLOTEA/CAE MADRID
View Single Post
Old 8th Mar 2012, 22:19
seasexsun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I got those information by friends cabin crew and pilots who have done the interviews. They do their sim on an old Md. All my friend who went to the interviews dont speak anything else than spanish and english, and one was offered a job to be based in Venice but did not take it eventually due to crap salary and contract. The headquater is in spain, it is a 100% spanish company and like all spanish company they prefer people who speak good spanish. Remember that vueling fired all foregners who dont speak spanish.
Salary is 1200 gross basic but if you fly 80 hrs per month ( good if you think it must be a great aircraft to fly) then you make 2100-2500 gross- they take some money from your salary for the type rating during 3 years. I dont know how much you pay tax in italy or france but probably your net salary will be around 1700-2000 euros. As first officer. Plus meal to pay, uniform, all the same crap like ryanair. Probably Ryanair is a better deal, although it's bad also.
Cabin crew will be paid 900 euros net a month and will be expected to work really really hard. This is low cost man. Don't expect to have the same treatment as a normal carrier. The idea is to sell tickets for 19 euros all included, you have to help out passenger who want to fly for peanuts. Be gererous, flying is so wonderful!! And as you say it's better than a let410, you are on the good track to become THE winer

My advice, well, if you dont apply you may regret, at least if you try, you will lose money and time for a pay to interview scheme but at least you will have no regret of having not applied. Listen to your hart, like the music says