PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fake User ID Problem. New Info 1950 11 March.
Old 8th Mar 2012, 07:39
Milo Minderbinder

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put quite simply, yesterday I received a number of mails from different user IDs accusing me of whatever, and basically of a threatening manner.
I can live with that, but whats annoying is that some of these mails have come from user IDs which clearly attempt to impersonate other users
For instance, the one referred to by 500N - which was sent from an account called 5OON.
Another sent from an account named "Milo minderbnider" - notice the similarity to my own account - which simply said "We are watching you COCL2. We are everywhere."
There was another, but I deleted ti before realising what was happening
These mails were in response to a reply I made on the James Blunt thread in respsnse to an asinine post by "Innocent man" - a post I removed within minutes after his posts were deleted and he was banned. The comments made made it clear that "Innocent man" and whoever PM'd me were one and the same

What really niggles is the way in which someone has deliberately attempted to contrive an argument between 500N and myself and also attempted to impersonate both him and myself. I can live with personal abuse - thees an "ignore" facility which will take care of that, but I don't care for misrepresentation by people posting apparently in my name (or others). The fake "Milo minderbnider" has already made posts in my name

This is very similar to the habit of the now banned mis-spelling "Kreuger flap" - who appears to have been attempting to impersonate the user "Krueger flap" - or maybe the other user "Kruegerflap",,,