PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Merged: Qantaslink Traineeship/Cadetship/General Employment
Old 6th Mar 2012, 21:23
PaulDamian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think it has been done to death previously in this long thread, but it appears that the pilots being accepted into the traineeship (add the $18K for a 6 week course) seem to have, (on average), hours that exceed the direct entry FO requirements. Feedback seems to suggest that successful trainees usually have over 1000 hours. Direct entry FOs, although only required to have min 700 hours, naturally have higher hours, perhaps 1200-3000.

I presume this is a simply labour ecomonics - a supply and demand scenario.

It is apparent that, once accepted, trainees might continue to accrue hours until a requirement arises and a course is available. The holding pool for trainees, after completion of the 6 week course, appears to be still be competitive when waiting for a vacancy opportunity. So it appears that one could do the course and still be waiting with others with more hours jump ahead.

Not complaining, as I'm sure QL just want the best available recruits, but it is hard to balance one's expectations when contemplating spending $$$.

Are there any examples of trainees getting to line training with less than 700 hours?