PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation 750 down in Egelsbach.
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 16:53
His dudeness

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What has the runway length required to do with an CFIT?

?

If you need to know that, look it up here:

http://textron.vo.llnwd.net/o25/CES/...on/x/x_fpg.pdf

If he'd used a factor of 1,25 (as we do with our C680) they airplane could have weighted 28.000 lbs WITHOUT a tailwind component to fit into the 1166 mtr of LDA

Still I think this part of the discussion is sort of irrelevant... why go onto a VFR only field in night and wx starting to go bad in the first place? Have a look at the map and youīll see EDFE is a tricky place with all the obstacles around and the rising terrain to the east. I sometimes went there in KingAirs, Bravos and CJs, never liked it one bit in less than perfect wx.
Went there in a C680 and a few times in a CL300, ONLY in good wx. My peers wanted me to go there a few times ...told em I will decide when approaching the field and the WX is to my liking and it is DAYTIME. We went to EDDF then...

A very sad scene but I am guessing that this will be the final nail in the cofffin for the private ops guys who keep yelling that they can self regulate.
If the wx was below minima, heīd broke an existing law. So having another law stating the exact same thing does change exactly what???

If not, he did not break a rule. So?

Or do you want to impose higher minima for pvt ops?

BTW, you do know what the N in front of the Callsign means, donīt you? Can't see the EU regulating that register.

You do realize that from now on I will slag every friggin accident in the oh-so-safe EU-OPS world in your face....like the Premier 1 fellows in LSZS or the organ transplant flight at a very foggy Brum...

Actually I wonīt, cause people like you canīt be changed. Have it your way. Enjoy. Forbid flying, hence there will be no flying accidents.

Over and out.

Last edited by His dudeness; 6th Mar 2012 at 17:04.