PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 8
Thread: Ryanair - 8
View Single Post
Old 6th Mar 2012, 14:44
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It would take nearly 2 minutes to walk the perimeter of a 738 at a brisk pace so presumably nobody's doing a walkaround on Denti's 2 minute turnaround either! Don't even get me started on trying to get 180 Italians or Spaniards seated! The FR 25 minute turnaround is doable but busy (doing everything properly as per SOPs and without the luxury of electronic clearances and company routes) but requires all other parties to do their jobs correctly and in the required timeframe.

It's amusingly predictable that many can interpret this issue as being Ryanair's fault when the statement from BUD indicates that they are mandating a procedure that is rarely seen anywhere else. To require flight crew who are not entering a country, merely turning around and departing again immediately, to clear immigration is frankly absurd, and would severely handicap short and medium haul aviation if commonly adopted. MOL is right to object to this beaurocratic idiocy and has the economic muscle to make his objection heard. Flying as I do 4, sometimes 6, international sectors daily, the last thing I need would be to have to clear immigration on every turnaround. It is not a legal necessity and is frankly a waste of everyone's time and energy. On this issue (alone!) all aircrew should be applauding MOL.