PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Citation 750 down in Egelsbach.
View Single Post
Old 5th Mar 2012, 19:44
agapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My condolences also

I offer my condolences to Jon's family. I regret horribly not making sure more people knew about the owner/captain tendencies. I was former copilot for him also before this plane. Some still think jon should have done more, but I can say you can be very limited in the actions especially since the captain was prone to changing configurations of aircraft at last minutes and a copilot would have their hands full and that low leaves very little room for error and correction much less taking over the plane from a determined capatin. The "captain" was known for taking visual before having the airport in sight. Arguing with controllers, flying early in the morning after a night of heavy drinking, inappropriate changes in aircraft configuration on approaches, rarely even do a preflight of the aircraft, and a very much single pilot attitude person. His opinion was all these cessna business jets should be single pilot operations.
I left, and I'm sorry Jon was unable to change jobs sooner. I know mutual friends were trying hard and are heartbroken by this event as am I.